It’s time to set your team goal, recruit walkers and watch the money roll in…well there might be a few other steps in there. Below are suggestions to get you started.
1. Create a memorable team identity. Think up a memorable Team name. You can help your Team stand out more by coming up with a fun slogan.
2. Ask friends, family, and co-workers to join you. Tap into all the networks you have by asking friends, family and co-workers to not only support you in your efforts but to join you on walk day!
3. Get your team members to recruit too! The more the merrier when it comes to walk. There’s not limit for how many team members you can have. Let your team members know they can bring thier own friends and family and help grow the team.
4. Invite potential Team members to fun small events. You can “woo” potential Team member by hosting a small gathering at your house or you can mention the cause at a party you’re already hosting.
5. Use social media to share your personal story for why you walk. Do you have a personal connection to kidney disease? What’s your story? Don’t be afraid to share your reason, especially on social media outlets. One post on Facebook will reach more people in one day than a week of phone calls to your friends!
6. Have fun! Just remember through it all to have fun.
For more information or to sign up for a walk near you, visit www.kidneywalk.org.
You can also follow us on Twitter @NKF #kidneywalk.